November 22, 2018
for Sunday, Nov. 25
Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14
On Sunday we will celebrate Christ the King, which marks the last Sunday of this liturgical year which has featured Mark’s and John’s gospels. Here Jesus is on trial. We have a clash of two kingdoms: that of this world and that which is not of this world. One is ruled by force and Christ’s kingdom is ruled with love.
As Handel’s Messiah proclaims, “the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ: and He shall reign for ever and ever.” It is the kingdom of love and truth that will last forever.
Pastor Ivy Gauvin
33Pilate entered the headquarters again, summoned Jesus, and asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” 34Jesus answered, “Do you ask this on your own, or did others tell you about me?” 35Pilate replied, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests have handed you over to me. What have you done?” 36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my followers would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not from here.” 37Pilate asked him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice.”
Names will remain of the Prayer List for a month - at which
time it will be taken off unless, or course, there is still a continued need
for our prayers and we’re asked to keep the name on.
JOB OPENING – Part Time Administrative Assistant
St. Timothy is currently looking to fill a part time Administrative Assistant (Secretary) position in our office. Fran Ward is resigning effective January 10, 2019 and we would like to hire a replacement before Christmas to train with Fran.
It is a 12 hour/week position @ $10/ hr. Must be proficient in use of Word and Excel Programs, have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. If interested, please email your contact information to: email@example.com
****While Pastor Ivy is away, in case of an emergency, you may contact Ned Lindstrom at 716-490-3820.
***We will celebrate Advent Fest/Hanging of the Greens Sunday, December 2. Potluck dinner at 5:30 (meat provided), decorating at 6:30 with carol singing to follow. The potluck sign-up sheet is on the narthex table. Everyone is encouraged to come and enjoy this special evening – bring your family and friends!
***The G. A. Family Services Angel Tree is in St. Timothy narthex; select a name/ornament from the tree, purchase the gift and return unwrapped gift in a bag. You may include wrapping in the bag if you desire. Last day to bring in a gift will be Sunday, December 2nd.
***The Evangelism Committee is hosting the last Food Pantry Drive of 2018 on Sunday, December 2nd. Please bring non-perishable food (no expired items), personal care products (no expired items), paper products, laundry detergent, etc. for the Bemus Point Food Pantry.
***Christmas Poinsettias will be ordered from Brigotta’s again this year, $7.00/plant. As in the past, donations for St. Susan’s kitchen are also being accepted on the poinsettia forms, in addition to or in lieu of poinsettias. Forms will be in bulletins this Sunday, on then available from the church’s narthex table. Payment should accompany order. Last day to order is Sunday, December 9.
***St. Timothy’s commitment to 5 Loaves and 2 Fishes Ministry has increased and we are VERY excited about it. We have officially become a Distribution Site beginning December 11. All food collected here will now stay here to be packed for the Bemus Point and GA Home students. We’re all set up and ready to go. Thank you to everyone who helped pay for the cost of the shelving!!
NEXT STEP: Signing up volunteers. If you can give 1 hr/1 day a month to pack bags, please email Gale Svenson-Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fighting childhood hunger one student at a time in our community.
***5 & 2 Ministry Food Bins Donated to Date: 39
***ONLINE GIVING now available at St. Timothy for Debit/Credit cards. 3 ways to give:
- Go directly to our website at www.sttimothybemus.com
· For our community of faith as we seek to do God’s work in the world.
· For those in our congregation and community who suffer silently with illness, financial burdens, and family obligation.
· For victims of violence and their families in all places
• For victims of wildfires, flooding and earthquakes.
• For: Rod Storck, Eileen Widen, Beverly Klang, Carolyn Wickerham, Trudy Fetzner, Dan Kelly, Dan Caruso, Arden Johnson, Thom Shagla, Matt Isaacson, Bonny Davis, The Kibbe family, Marisa Hammerquist, Sarah Van Staalduinen, Mabel Tranum, Ilene Chiotti, Bryan Brown, Craig Jackson, Marty Maxwell, Jim Doherty, Karen Brown, Ross Gardner, Bonnie Christoferson, Zachary Stewart, Al Lamb, Scott Stearns and Zachary Frazier.
• For people serving in the military, including Ben Wickerham, and their families, those caught up in persecution, violence and war.
• For all children, that the love of Christ may reach them through all of us who have resources to love, protect, pray and provide for them.
• For: The ELCZ Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zimbabwe and ELCZa Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zambia.