July 26, 2018
for Sunday, July 29
2 Kings 4:42-44
Reading this passage gives me chills and hope. There is so much Paul was praying for that the Ephesian believers would experience. Can you feel the love in this passage? Then, to cap it off is a doxology exalting God who accomplishes more than one can ask or imagine. He really piles on the images, doesn’t he?
These are words of hope for us as well, for “every family in heaven and on earth…” We are connected with those early believers and believers all over the world. These are not only prayers for us as individuals, or just for St. Timothy, but for us as the universal church.
Paul prays it all for this reason, “…so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God” (v. 19). That is the “So what?” of this prayer and what a doozy it is! This is not something that we can do or make happen, but it is through the work of the Holy Spirit.
Do you or have you ever had a prayer partner who surrounds you with God’s love and courage? Do you have a close Christian friend you can touch base with on a regular basis to pray together? I have a few people that I know I can count on to hold me up in prayer. If you do not have someone, remember that I pray for you and that God prays for you, “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words” (Romans 8:26).
Pastor Ivy Gauvin
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name. I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Names will remain of the Prayer List for a month - at which
time it will be taken off unless, or course, there is still a continued need
for our prayers and we’re asked to keep the name on.
· For our community of faith as we seek to do God’s work in the world.
· For those in our congregation and community who suffer silently with illness, financial burdens, and family obligation.
· For victims of violence and their families in all places
· For the friends & family of the 3 children under 5 years old that died in a house fire in Rome, NY, Mabel Tranum, Dan Kelly, Dan Caruso, Ilene Chiotti, Bryan Brown, Craig Jackson, Marty Maxwell, Debbie Stearns, Jim Doherty, Karen Brown, Ross Gardner, Bonnie Christoferson, Zachary Stewart, Al Lamb, Arden Johnson, Scott Stearns, Zachary Frazier, Matt Isaacson and Thom Shagla.
· For people serving in the military and their families, those caught up in war who have no safe home in which to live.
· For all children, that the love of Christ may reach them through all of us who have resources to love, protect, pray and provide for them.
***5 & 2 Ministry Food Bins Donated to Date: 25
***ONLINE GIVING now available at St. Timothy for Debit/Credit cards. 3 ways to give:
- Go directly to our website at www.sttimothybemus.com
- Use our QR code with the QR reader on your smartphone
- Download the app ‘GivePlus Church’. Create an account.
For further information, see Kathy Carlson on Sundays or call her at 485-1316.
Tonight, July 26, at 6:30 pm, join Bob Terreberry at the Bemus Point Library as he launches his latest Colin O’Brien novel!
9th Annual Golf Marathon
Cable Hollow Golf Course
Grab your clubs and golf up to 36 holes of golf with a cart for $65 plus 5 Love INC Golf sponsors. Registration begins at 6:30 am with coffee and donuts and a shotgun start at 7 am. Snacks and hot dog lunch provided.
For more information contact Love INC at
338-9828 or LoveINCSCC.org