December 27, 2018
for Sunday, Dec. 30
Multiple Readings as part
of Lessons and Carols
We don’t have a written reflection this week as Pastor Ivy is on vacation. Come to St. Timothy’s worship service at 9:30 am this Sunday, December 30 to hear a Reflection… As we observe the First Sunday of Christmas through “Lessons and Carols”, you will experience the majesty of Jesus’ birth through hearing the reading of various scripture texts as the Lesson. Each Lesson is followed by a musical response through a Carol. Come and see!
Lessons and Carols for this Sunday.
Lesson: Isaiah 12:2-6
Lesson: Matthew 1:18-21
Lesson: Isaiah 61:1-3, 11
Lesson: John 1:19-23, 29-34
Lesson: Isaiah 6:1-8
Lesson: Luke 1:26-35
Names will remain of the Prayer List for a month - at which
time it will be taken off unless, or course, there is still a continued need
for our prayers and we’re asked to keep the name on.
***Pastor Ivy Gauvin is on vacation until Monday, 12/31. If you have a pastoral emergency before she returns to work, please contact Pastor Timothy Hoyer at 716-487-7521.
***Update on the monthly Ladies’ Luncheon: Due to the Chatterbox Restaurant closing, the ladies will now meet on the 3rd Monday of the month at the Bemus Inn. Our next lunch date is Monday, January 14th. All ladies welcome!
***JOB OPENING – Part Time Administrative Assistant
St. Timothy is currently looking to fill a part time Administrative Assistant (Secretary) position in our office. Fran Ward is resigning effective January 10, 2019.
It is a 10 hour/week position @ $11.25 / hr. Must be proficient in use of Word and Excel Programs, have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. If interested, please email your contact information to: email@example.com
***5 & 2 Ministry Food Bins Donated to Date: 41
***ONLINE GIVING now available at St. Timothy for Debit/Credit cards. 3 ways to give:
- Go directly to our website at www.sttimothybemus.com
- Use our QR code with the QR reader on your smartphone
- Download the app ‘GivePlus Church’. Create an account.
For further information, see Kathy Carlson on Sundays or call her at 485-1316.
St. Timothy’s Annual Congregational Meeting will be held Sunday, January 20th following worship. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Committee heads – all reports are due into St. Timothy office no later than tomorrow, Friday, December 28th for inclusion in the Annual Report. Reports can be hand written and left on the office desk or emailed to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For our community of faith as we seek to do God’s work in the world.
· For those in our congregation and community who suffer silently with illness, financial burdens, and family obligation.
· For victims of violence and their families in all places.
· For victims of wildfires, flooding and earthquakes.
· For: Eileen Widen, George & Janet Balcom, Beverly Klang, Carolyn Wickerham, Trudy Fetzner, Dan Kelly, Dan Caruso, Arden Johnson, Thom Shagla, Matt Isaacson, Joe Gauvin, Rod Storck, Bonny Davis, The Kibbe family, Sarah Van Staalduinen, Mabel Tranum, Ilene Chiotti, Bryan Brown, Craig Jackson, Marty Maxwell, Jim Doherty, Karen Brown, Ross Gardner, Bonnie Christoferson, Zachary Stewart, Scott Stearns, Zachary Frazier.
· For people serving in the military, including Ben Wickerham, and their families, those caught up in persecution, violence and war.
· For all children, that the love of Christ may reach them through all of us who have resources to love, protect, pray and provide for them.
· For: The ELCZ Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zimbabwa and ELCZa Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zambia.